YOUR ACCESS TO THIS WEBSITE IS SUBJECT TO LEGALLY BINDING TERMS AND CONDITIONS. ATTENTION: PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS WEBSITE. THIS WEBSITE, INCLUDING ALL OF ITS FEATURES AND CONTENT (THIS “WEBSITE”) IS MADE AVAILABLE BY RJS LAW PROFESSIONAL CORPORATION (“RJS LAW”)AND ALL CONTENT, INFORMATION, SERVICES AND SOFTWARE ORDERED OR PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THIS WEBSITE MAY BE USED SOLELY UNDER THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS. BY USING THIS WEBSITE YOU INDICATE THAT YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THESE TERMS, DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE OR ANY RJS LAW WEBSITE.
This Website Legal Terms and Disclaimer (the “Agreement”) is an agreement between you (“You”) and RJS Law Professional Corporation (the “Company”). “We” and “Us” means both You and the Company. The effective date of this Agreement is when You accept or are deemed to accept this Agreement by way of your use of this Website.
You hereby consent to the exchange of information and documents between Us electronically over the Internet or by email and that this electronic Agreement shall be the equivalent of a written paper agreement between Us.
1. Ownership and Copyright. You acknowledge that any and all information, content, reports, data, databases, graphics, interfaces, web pages, text, files, software, product names, company names, trade-marks, logos and trade-names contained on this Website (collectively the “Content”), including the manner in which the Content is presented or appears and all information relating thereto, are the property of their respective owners as indicated, the Company or its licensors, as the case may be.
All trademarks, logos, and service marks displayed on this Website, are registered and unregistered trademarks of the Company and/or third parties who have authorized their use (collectively the “Trademarks”). You may not use, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, distribute, or modify these Trademarks in any way. Except as expressly provided in these Terms, nothing contained on this Website should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use the Content and/or Trademarks displayed on this Website without the express written permission of the Company or such third party that may own the Content and/or Trademarks displayed on this Website. Your misuse of the Content and Trademarks displayed on this Website is strictly prohibited.
2. Permitted Use. The Company hereby grants to You a personal, non-transferable and non-exclusive and limited right to access, read and print one copy of the Content for your personal use. Under not circumstances shall the Content of this Website be used for other commercial activities or purposes unless such is expresses consented to by the Company, either within an agreement with You or by way of separate acknowledgement.
3. Restrictions On Use. You agree that You will not without the Company’s express written permission:
- distribute the Content for any purpose, including, without limitation, compiling an internal database, redistributing or reproducing the Content by way of the press or media or through any commercial network, cable or satellite system; or
- create derivative works of, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, adapt, translate, transmit, arrange, modify, copy, bundle, sell, sublicense, export, merge, transfer, adapt, loan, rent, lease, assign, share, outsource, host, publish, make available to any person or otherwise use, either directly or indirectly, the Content in whole or in part, in any form or by any means whatsoever, be they physical, electronic or otherwise. You shall not permit, allow or do anything that would infringe or otherwise prejudice the proprietary rights of the Company or its licensors or allow any third party to access the Content. The restrictions set out in this Agreement shall not apply to the limited extent the restrictions are prohibited by applicable law.
5. Personal Information. The Company may from time to time, but is not obligated to, monitor your use of the Website and collect, store, use and disclose personal information about You for the purpose of our own analytics, marketing, data surveys, or for use and disclosure to our marketing partners, parents, and subsidiaries, and You hereby consent to such collection, storage, use and disclosure and waive any right of privacy You may have.
6. Limitations on Liability and Disclaimers.
ALTHOUGH THIS WEBSITE MAY USE SECURITY MEASURES AND/OR SOME FORMS OF ENCRYPTION, THERE IS NO GUARANTEE THAT PERSONAL INFORMATION AND TRANSACTIONS ON THIS WEBSITE OR ON THE INTERNET WILL BE MAINTAINED CONFIDENTIAL AND SECURE. THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE AND THE CONTENT DISCLOSED OR TRANSMITTED THERETO OR THEREFROM IS AT YOUR OWN RISK, AND THE COMPANY ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY PERTAINING TO THE CONTENT, YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR THE RECEIPT, STORAGE, TRANSMISSION OR OTHER USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, WHETHER INTENDED TO DO SO OR OTHERWISE.
This Website and its Content are not to be construed as a form of promotion to other third party products, nor does the Company endorse or promote such products unless they are so distributed through the Company from its parents, subsidiaries and/or vendors. This website may contain links to other sites. The Company does not assume responsibility for the accuracy or appropriateness of the information, data, opinions, advice or statements contained at such sites, and when You access such sites, You are doing so at Your own risk. In providing links to the other sites, the Company is in no way acting as a publisher or disseminator of the material contained on those other sites and does not seek to monitor or control such sites. A link to another site should not be construed to mean that the Company is affiliated or associated with same. THE COMPANY DOES NOT RECOMMEND OR ENDORSE ANY OF THE CONTENT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY HYPERLINKS TO, OR CONTENT FOUND, ON OTHER WEBSITES. The mention of another party or its product or service on this Website should not be construed as an endorsement of that party or its product or service.
The Company will not be responsible for any damages You or any third party may suffer as a result of the transmission, storage or receipt of confidential or proprietary information that You make or that You expressly or implicitly authorize the Company to make, or for any errors or any changes made to any transmitted, stored or received information.
You are solely responsible for the retrieval and use of the Content. You should apply Your own judgment in making any use of any Content, including, without limitation, the use of the information as the basis for any conclusions.
THE CONTENT MAY NOT BE ACCURATE, UP TO DATE, COMPLETE OR UNTAMPERED, AND IS NOT TO BE RELIED UPON.
THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND SHOULD NOT BE INTERPRETED AS LEGAL ADVICE. ANY AND ALL LEGAL ADVICE IS CUSTOMIZED AND SHOULD BE BASED ON THE FACTS OF EACH CLIENTS CIRCUMSTANCES.
EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED IN THIS AGREEMENT, THIS WEBSITE AND ALL CONTENT, PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND SOFTWARE ON THIS WEBSITE OR MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, GUARANTEES OR CONDITIONS, OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES AS TO UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE OPERATION, AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, CURRENTNESS, RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS, LEGALITY, SUITABILITY, PRIVACY, SECURITY, MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR THOSE ARISING OUT OF A COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE.
IN NO EVENT WILL THE COMPANY, ITS AFFILIATES, AGENTS, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS OR EMPLOYEES BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, AGGRAVATED, ECONOMIC OR CONSE-QUENTIAL DAMAGES, HOWSOEVER CAUSED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO: DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF USE, LOST PROFITS OR LOST SAVINGS, EVEN IF THE COMPANY OR ANY OF ITS LAWFUL AGENTS OR EMPLOYEES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR CLAIM.
IN NO CASE WILL THE COMPANY, ITS AFFILIATES’, AGENTS’, LICENSORS’, SUPPLIERS’ AND THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS’, OFFICERS’ AND EMPLOYEES’ CUMULATIVE TOTAL LIABILITY ARISING UNDER ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, GROSS NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) BE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES FOR MORE THAN FIFTY DOLLARS CANADIAN.
7. Termination. This Agreement is effective until terminated by the Company, with or without cause, in the Company’s sole and unfettered discretion. The Company may terminate this Agreement without notice to You if You fail to comply with any of its terms. Any such termination by the Company shall be in addition to and without prejudice to such rights and remedies as may be available to the Company, including injunction and other equitable remedies.
The disclaimers, limitations on liability, ownership, termination, interpretation, Your license to the Company, Your warranty and the indemnity provisions of this Agreement shall survive the termination or expiry of this Agreement.
8. Indemnity. You agree at all times to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Company, its agents, suppliers, affiliates and their respective directors and employees against all actions, proceedings, costs, claims, damages, demands, liabilities and expenses whatsoever (including legal and other fees and disbursements) sustained, incurred or paid by the Company directly or indirectly in respect of:
- Any information or other content You provide on or through this Website or which is sent to the Company by email or other correspondence; or
- Your use or misuse of the Content or this Website, including without limitation infringement claims.
9. Governing Law. The Company, this Website and the Content (excluding linked websites or content) are physically located within the Province of Ontario, Canada, although Content may be stored in jurisdictions outside of Ontario and Canada, as determined by the Company, for which You agree to such foreign storage. This Agreement will be governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada, and shall be treated in all respects as a provincial contract, without reference to the principles of conflicts of law. In the event of a dispute, we agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the province of Ontario. You agree to waive any right You may have to: (i) a trial by jury; and (ii) the commencement of or participation in any class action against Company related to this Website, the Content, or any products or services referred to within this Agreement or the Website, and where applicable, You also agree to opt out of any class proceedings against Company or its licensors. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you also agree that any claim(s), disputes, or liabilities related to the products themselves, which by the terms of Section 6 would be related to or liability of the wholesaler/manufacturer shall be governed by the jurisdiction where the manufacturer/wholesaler resides, being the country of Dubai, and you waive any right to claim a conflict of laws or to bring an application against such wholesaler/manufacturer in Canada or under the laws of Canada. We have required that this Agreement and all documents relating thereto be drawn up in English. Nous avons demandé que cette convention ainsi que tous les documents qui s’y rattachent soient rédigés en anglais.
10. Interpretation. The division of this Agreement into sections and the insertion of headings are for convenience of reference only and shall not affect the construction or interpretation of this Agreement. In this Agreement, words importing the singular number include the plural and vice versa; words importing gender include all genders; and words importing persons include individuals, sole proprietors, partnerships, corporations, trusts and unincorporated associations. All references to money amounts in this Agreement, unless otherwise specified, are in Canadian dollars.
11. Entire Agreement. This Agreement as it may be amended from time to time in accordance with the provisions of Section 12, and any and all other legal notices and policies on this Website, constitutes the entire agreement between You and the Company with respect to the use of this Website and the Content.
12. Amendment and Waiver. The Company reserves the right, in its discretion, to amend this Agreement at any time by posting amendments on this Website. You are responsible for periodically reviewing the amendments on this Website, and You are deemed to be aware of such amendments. If You do not agree to the amended terms and conditions, You shall immediately stop using this website. Access to this Website or use of this Website after any amendments have been posted shall constitute Your acknowledgement and acceptance of the amended terms and conditions. No supplement, modification or amendment to this Agreement and no waiver of any provision of this Agreement shall be binding on the Company unless executed by the Company in writing. No waiver of any of the provisions of this Agreement shall be deemed to be or shall constitute a waiver of any other provision (whether or not similar) nor shall such waiver constitute a continuing waiver unless otherwise expressly provided.
13. Severability. Any provision of this Agreement which is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable in such jurisdiction shall, as to that jurisdiction, be ineffective to the extent of such illegality, invalidity or unenforceability and shall otherwise be enforced to the maximum extent permitted by law, all without affecting the remaining provisions of this Agreement or affecting the legality, validity or enforceability of such provision in any other jurisdiction.
14. Assignment. You may not assign these Terms or assign any rights or delegate any obligations under these Terms, in whole or in part, whether voluntarily or by operation of law, without our prior written consent.
15. Enurement. This Agreement shall inure to the benefit of and be binding upon each of us and our respective successors and permitted assigns. You acknowledge having read this Agreement before accepting it, having the authority to accept this Agreement and having received a copy of this Agreement.